The ProCredit Group offers a broad range of banking services to the SME sector including micro and small loans, international money transfers, credit and debit card (VISA) operations, current accounts and term deposits. It focuses on developing countries and transition economies in three regions: Eastern Europe, Latin America and Africa. The 21 group’s member-institutions operate over 700 branches staffed by approximately 16,000 employees.
Deal LogicProCredit’s successful business model allows the group to focus on under banked emerging economies where the demand for SME financing continues to surpass availability.
- Niche Market Focus: The ProCredit Group focuses mainly on the underserved SME segment of developing countries and transition economies.
- Strong Credit Culture: Western best practices in banking are used throughout the organization resulting in a conservative credit profile.
- Good Quality Loan Portfolio: This is achieved through strong client relationships, efficient credit management, regular loan monitoring and a diversified portfolio of SME loans.
- Valuable Shareholder Support: The group has strong support from ProCredit Holding’s international shareholders, who provide technical assistance, managerial expertise and reliable long term funding.
- Strong Management and Organizational Structure: Top management all have considerable experience and are exceptionally qualified.